ECCE9 | ECAB2 | EPIC2013 | NPS12 The Hague | the Netherlands
April 21–25, 2013
We are pleased to invite you to the European science and business congress 'Shaping a Sustainable Future'. This congress brings together international companies, researchers, politicians, policy makers, students and start-ups to improve the speed and efficiency of innovation processes.
We hope to welcome you in April!
Prof.ir. G.J. Harmsen, Prof.dr.ir. H.E.A. van den Akker & Prof.dr. G. Matos Ferreira
Chairmen of ECCE9 | ECAB2
Catch up with the latest inventions in process technology, e.g. in the fields of chemical engineering, applied biotechnology and process intensification. This congress offers a first-class scientific programme with plenaries and keynotes by renowned scientists, poster presentations and almost 350 scientific orals. In addition, we are running a special innovation track where Science meets Business. Download the full congress programme.
Grand Opening (Sunday 21 April)
• Presentation of the Sustainability Manifesto
• HRH Laurentien van Oranje (founder Missing Chapter Foundation)
Plenary Speakers (22-25 April):
• 'A Biomass Success Story' by Peter Vadasz (Mayor of Güssing) & Prof. Hermann Hofbauer (University of Vienna, AT)
• 'Sustainable Solutions for a Changing World' by Marcel Wubbolts (Chief Technology Officer of DSM)
• 'From Molecular Computations to Continuous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Their Role in Shaping a Sustainable Future' by Prof. Bernhardt Trout (MIT, US)
• 'Molecular Structures, Matter Elements, Thermodynamic Routes, Process Networks: Some Elements of the Future Toolbox for Chemical Process Design' - Hoogewerff Lecture by Prof. Kai Sundmacher (Max-Planck-Institute, DE)
Keynotes (22-24 April), e.g.:
• Danckwerts Lecture 'Assembly Engineering: Materials Design for the 21st Century' by Prof. Sharon Glotzer
• 'Innovation as a Sign of Life (in Individuals or Organisations)' by Prof. Tim Cook
• 'Engineering the Biobased Economy: Drop-in or Drop-out' by Prof. Luuk van der Wielen
• all keynotes
Innovation Track (22-24 April), e.g.:
• Exhibition, Business & Networking Fair, with poster presentations and companies
• Networking & Matchmaking activities for SMEs in the Holland Pavilion
• Career day for PhD & MSc students
• 60-second pitches by SMEs, start-ups and students
• Innovation Talks e.g. 'From Innovation to Commercialisation'
• Workshops e.g. Innovation Game, The Chemistry of Entrepreneurship and Pitch your Career!
View the full programme and